Monday 14 January 2013

Rationale: Research , collect, communicate: Product

Product and Packaging: Why have you made this decision?

My idea fits appropriately with product packaging. I believe tackling the task with a less serious tone of voice and a more humorous element will allow me to push my choice and will create More options.

Who's is the audience and how do you intend to engage them?

The audience i intend to aim my idea towards will be teenagers, young adults, shoppers at Urban Outfitters and other similar shops.

What is the function of the product - is it suppose to inform/ educate/ document/ entertain/ instruct? What has informed this decision?

The packaging and the product itself will be to instruct, allowing people to use the comb and the instructions to style their hair in the different diagrams provided.

How will the audience interact with the product?

The audience will be interacting with the packaging, as explained above. Images will instruct the user on how to comb their hair specific to the style they pick.

Feedback from my peers

I presented the work i have done up to this point to my group. They agreed that the comb should be sold as a novelty but added that i maybe try and sell other products as well as the comb, these products included brillcream and a cut throat razor for shaving. I was told to look at different packaging and to try to package it so it grabs the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment