Sunday 3 March 2013

OUGD402: Studio task 5

5 statements which clearly state me as an individual, and for each statement associate it with an image

1. I'm very open minded, I'm willing to try new experiences and new ideas. I believe you can't knock something until you've tried it. I never say no to an opportunity which i think I'm going to benefit from, be it work related or non work related. Life seems to be going by so fast that cramming as much into mine as possible is something which i live by.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/919/919668_300.jpg

2. I'm really easy going, maybe a bit to much, I tend to relax a lot and try to never worry. I can get along with absolutely anybody. Since being at university my confidence has improved dramatically and I see how easy it was to fall back because of low confidence.


3. I've been playing guitar for 11 years now, It's a hobby which I've never been able to stop doing! I play at least an hour a day, it keeps my mind active and it helps me relax. As well as playing guitar, music is a huge influence in my life. I've always got my ipod playing, i like to keep an open mind about music, I don't listen to one specific genre I like listening to all styles as i believe each genre has its own individual vibe.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10200000/Johnny-Cash-johnny-cash-10280661-1721-2560.jpg

4. I enjoy travelling and exploring new places. I live in the Lake District which has some amazing views, when stood on top of the mountains and I'm looking out over the vast greenland it really makes me appreciate where i live. Me and my mates are always driving out into the middle of nowhere and finding new places and things to do. I haven't travelled abroad to many exotic places but this is something which is definitely on my agenda.

http://www.centralhelicopters.com/CentralHelicopters/media/img/Lake-District.jpg?width=426&height=282&ext=.jpg

5. I appreciate what I have and how lucky I am that i have been brought up in this society. People can complain about the silliest of things and i find it quite pathetic, we have free education, free healthcare, and we have the oppurtunity to get where we want if we try for it. I think people need to consider the fact that a lot of people do not have the benefits of education, or the benefits of having a stable home and a warm bed to sleep in.

http://danienglish.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/appreciate1.jpg


5 statements I want to say about myself as a designer

1. I'm influenced by everything and anything. I have a very vivid imagination, which on one hand can be a good thing but can also be a bad thing. I like to look openly at everything and always ask myself questions. As of starting this course i tend to judge design wherever i go, not in a snobby way, but for my own benefit, i catch on to what i think is good design and what is bad which helps infuene ideas for my own work.

:: Bo Lundberg ::

2. I can happily take on board constructive critisizm to help me improve my work. I believe being open minded is a key asset to becoming a successful designer, and i'm happy to take on board peoples advice. The only way to improve and learn is to make mistakes, something which i always have in mind when listening to peoples opinions.

DEMIAN CONRAD DESIGN

3. I love the physical process of designing, I think the handcrafted element makes me appreciate a piece of work much more than if it has been designed digitally. For example designing type through experiments and using tracing paper to develop my ideas interests me much more than developing a typeface on the computer. I like traditional processes, I think it shows to others that you as a designer have an appreciation of the history of design and are willing to experiment.


:: Return address ::

4. There are two areas which really interest me in Graphic Design, Editorial & Publishing and Branding & Identity. The quality of print to me is a very important part of my designing. I like to carefully pick the correct stock, making sure the texture, how the printing looks on the stock and the feel of the paper is to a standard which i am happy with. I think Branding and Identity interests me because it's a great way of being able to get your ideas and your name out into the public domain, and you can easily tell if its working or not.

:: null™ ::

5. At the moment I seem to keep my work very simple and clean, I think the saying less is more is something which i tend to work by. I dont like cluttering my work with unnessacery images or type, i try to get the messaeg across in as little words as possible, but still designing to make an impact.

Eames

No comments:

Post a Comment