Friday 15 February 2013

OUGD406: Design is About Doing, Crit Evaluation

Critique:

In our specified group we critiqued each others work. I spent five minutes presenting my designs to the group. The feedback i was given back from my peers will allow me to develop one of my five ideas:

- Try adding a gradient onto the image of a trumpet.
- Stick with the ideas which have a black background, the white idea isn't as appropriate.
- As the trumpet is in the style of a stencil try actually printing it off, cutting it out and spray painting it onto paper. It will add to the urban graffiti style which you are aiming for giving your image a realistic texture.
- Maybe experiment with the second image of the trumpet which is on an angle, maybe have the trumpet pointing out of the corner, or pointing down into the corner.
- Change the red colour which you are using, its to vibrant. Try out other shades of red, see which works well on the black background.

 The crit was helpful as i was able to get feedback from my peers and i am able to take this feedback and develop my designs so that they are more effective.

Evaluation:

I believe I tackled the task appropriately and effectively in the time we had been set to complete it. I tried to keep it simple and not to obviously. I took the instrumental for the song and played on the fact that the main tune is a trumpet. I played around with stenciling and repeating to create a simple but effective Vinyl sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment