Tuesday 14 May 2013

OUGD502: Study Task 1 - Why Am I Here - What do I want to Learn?


Identify and explain 5 reasons why you chose to study on this programme:

-The course offered indepth theory practice which I really liked, not only do we just learn software skills but we learn the business side and the theory behind Graphic Design.

-The college resources are brilliant, this includes the mac suites and the printing facilities.

- I wanted to get away from Kendal. Its such a small place coming to a city has really opened my eyes up to the design world!

-New experience, I wantd to meet new people who have an interest in what I'm also interested in.


-The tutors are dedicated and seemed really friendly and helpful in the interview.




Identify and explain 5 things that you want to learn during your time on the programme.

-I want to learn different printing methods.

-I'd love to learn how to use a range of different softwares.

-I want to learn how to work independently and as a group.

-I'd like to learn techniques and skills which will influence my focus in Graphic Design.




Identify and explain 5 skills that you think are your strengths.

-I can use illustrator and photoshop confidently

-Im reliable and get my work done on time

-I can work underpressure, and this is often when im working at my best.


-Im imaginative which helps me come up with most of my ideas! 

- I work well with others and I get along with most people.


Identify and explain 5 things that you want to improve.

-I'd like to improve my knowledge of InDesign.

-Id like to improve my skill in Graphic Design as a whole.







-I'd like to improve my knowledge of typography.

-I want to be more aware of Graphic Designers


-I want to be more aware of studios.


Identify and explain 5 ways that you will evaluate your progress 

-Feedback from my tutors.


-Feedback from my peers.


-Evalute and analyse my work from the beginning and at the end of each module.


-Keep my blog up to date so i can see my progress.


-Ask for feedback on my blog.


Identify 5 questions that you want to find the answer to. 


- How can i improve my understanding of graphic design?

-Is it more skill based or theory based?


-How can different printing methods enhance my work?


-Can i be a great graphic designer without using illustrator?


-Where will i be in 3 years?


Identify and explain 5 things that inspire you.

-Music

-Keeping fit

-The universe

-Graphic Design blogs


- My friends


Identify 10 examples of design that illustrate your fields of creative interest.




 


 



 
 
 




 



























No comments:

Post a Comment