Wednesday 7 May 2014

OUGD502: Studio brief 2 - A Design Presence - Research

The task is to brand myself, applying my identity to a range of stationary and creating an information pack that tells employees etc about who I am and what type of work I do. The brief also asks to create a website for myself using the skills learnt at the beginning of this year.

To begin I think it's best I look at a range of self promotion packs, see how they get there message across, how they sell themselves, and what type of information they include. I want to not only get across to the audience what work I do, but my work should reflect my personality.

Self Promotion packs

Here is a CV that is interesting, I love the illustrations, It's been laid out neatly and professionally. I believe this could be something which I could work on to put into the information pack.




Here is a small portfolio, which includes examples of the designers work. Very neatly presented, clean and professional. Something like this would be appropriate for displaying my work.






I like how this promotional pack is packaged in a clean see-through bag. 


Very neat, clean design here. I love the stock he's used to print onto. For my design I want to print onto a grainy matte stock, similar to here:



Here he has displayed his abilities through icons, something that I may have to do for my CV.


Lovely bit of branding here, very simple, the illustration work really well together:





Here is an example of a CV/ Resume that I really like, it's simple and gets across all the information needed:



Very neat little branding, I love the logo:


I love the crafting skills on this identity, lovely use of colours, very professional:





Another resume and business card, very simple but effective, I really like the font used:



This one is very neat and simple, and I love the colours:



Here are some business cards for Bear Clothing, very clever concept, having different business cards made from the different items placed onto the image of the bear:




I like how simple this identity is:




I really like the style of this branding, very traditional, and come across as being very authentic and rustic. I really like the stock used as well.








This is something similar to what I want to produce. I love the colours, it's very bright and stands out. I really like the business cards as well!





I really like the typography used in this promotional pack, very effective:



Really like the packaging idea here:



Packaging Ideas

Effective packaging here, very neat, holds everything in place:


Here they have used a box to package their information:


Very creative using an egg box to package your information:














No comments:

Post a Comment