Thursday 8 May 2014

OUGD502: Studio brief 2 - A Design Presence - Promotional Pack

As well as coming up with an identity for myself, the brief asked to produce an information pack which included a creative CV, a business card, promotional material, samples of work and any relevant material which would help promote myself.

I mind mapped my ideas and what I wanted in the pack.


I then sketched out some ideas of how I wanted the information to be packaged. I wanted it to be small enough to carry around and not be a nuisance. Also with it being around the size of A5 it's easy to give out, hold and read.


I tested out some of my ideas using paper to see how it would feel in the hand and to get an understanding of the measurements etc.




I originally had a big fold out, which was going to hold all the bits of information, but after mocking it up I realised in the time I had it was going to be to hard to print.









As an alternative I decided to use two a5 booklets to hold everything instead. It was easier for me to print it and make it and saved a lot of time.



In my information pack I decided to have:

> CV
> Business card
> Work Samples
> Posters
> Info card

Each item slots into the A5 holders holding it all neatly together in the package.

I made a net and made it digitally on illustrator:

The size of the package is just slightly bigger than a5, allowing for everything else to fit into it perfectly. The net has a hook which holds the pack shut.




The inside holders have slits in to hold the appropriate material:






I then designed a creative CV including all the relevant information that I needed. It tried to make the CV interesting to read, with relevant icons and symbols to show what





As well as my CV I designed a small booklet which showcases some samples of my work:





Along with samples of my work I've added a couple of posters into the pack. I wanted whoever has the information pack to be able to take something away with them from it:







For my business card I designed a pattern of squares, which was the outline of my logo. At first I tried out a few different designs, for some I used my original logo.






I then decided on this design:



I also made a small card which is at the front of the pack explaining what it is:


After designing my pack I sent it off to be printed at hobs which was a success. Although I couldn't choose the stock, the one that was printed onto was fine and actually enhanced my work.





















I took some photographs of my pack using the photography facilities to make my pack look a lot more professiona:




































No comments:

Post a Comment